Day One is in search of a new senior hire to set tone and direction in our work as it relates to storytelling. We are a company obsessed with harnessing insights and new and varied channels to create opportunities for brands to connect with culture and make an impact. The VP of Story will act as a leader in defining how narrative and human understandings can help shape our campaigns.
The role is a non-traditional one and the right candidate could come from a variety of backgrounds with at least 7-10 years of experience. If you have have been a Creative Director/Copywriter at an agency, an Editor at a magazine, or have driven vision in house at a brand—we want to hear from you.
-What we're looking for-
The right candidate will be one who can act as a visionary, a content producer and an editor. You should have a proven track record for using stories to cultivate conversation and be fluent in the digital and social story formats of today. You’ll be a key component of defining how we Shape, Share and Fuel narratives that engage our audience and consumers—connecting them to our brand partners and clients through creative executions.
- Set vision and articulate impact of what the power of story can mean to creative work for our agency and our clients
- Partner with leads across the agency to integrate story into all of our initiatives
- Oversee content strategy and execution alongside production, communications and digital strategy leads
- Understand complex business challenges and bring a positive attitude towards solving them
- Stretch our team’s and our clients’ approach to creative executions
- Bring fresh thinking and collaborative spirit to team when developing work
- Build and nurture a team of creative and strategic minds
-The ideal candidate will have-
- Ability to take consumer insights and turn into integrated strategies
- Strong networks of freelance writers, makers and creative talent at the ready
- Background leading digital campaigns and executing award-winning campaigns
- Marketing Communications & Integrated Planning
- Brand, Digital and Social Strategy
- Content Production & Campaign Development
- Cultural Insights & Editorial Positioning
We’ll provide you a pretty sweet desk space with a thunderbolt display in our NYC office along with full access to our stocked pantry & fridge and eventually some level of control of our Sonos (when we trust you). We also offer a generous benefit package with the normals (health/dental/vision). We have a "take what you need" vacation policy, monthly team outings and cellular data reimbursement.