As an agency focused on developing new and original thinking, the VP, Digital Strategy is at the forefront of the work we produce with our clients — collaborating across functions every day to shape stories and to identify new and compelling mediums to present them in.
This role will work across and in collaboration with both our strategy and creative/design teams in both New York and Los Angeles, helping to drive forward the vision and reporting into the Managing Director in New York. The most successful members of the team are those that are comfortable adapting to an ever-changing environment and that can bring enthusiasm and original thinking to Day One.
The right candidate will represent a mix of creative thinking and strategic reasoning alongside strong written and verbal skills to articulate not only their ideas but also the value behind them. As a senior member of the team, your responsibility will be across both vertical work and conceptual ideation, leading the charge on projects and providing your expertise to all components of the process — assessing project feasibility, assigning work, resourcing, project planning, and interfacing directly with clients.
You have the opportunity in this position to help shape the future at Day One, to define the potential of our work and to create an agency unlike any other.
Role + Responsibility:
• Develop & ideate on both campaigns and on-going projects, thinking through channel specific needs and holistic opportunities for clients
• Quickly dive into current initiatives, supporting in the creation of editorial frameworks, calendars and presentations
• Capacity to audit, research and analyze outside materials in shaping new ideas
• Work directly with team members across design, strategy and communications, participating or overseeing projects as needed
• Brainstorm and bring a point of view, contributing ideas and creative executions to solve problems in unexpected ways, translating them in ways that make them feel simple
• Collaborate on New Business opportunities, working with tapped team members to shape RFP and pitch responses. This may include attending briefing sessions, leading creative thinking and driving work presentations back to prospective clients
• Be on top of the changing social, digital and cultural landscape — looking for untapped opportunities and thinking to bring to our work
Skill + Experience:
• Capacity to think through both tactics and the big picture, able to articulate the why and the how
• 7–10 years agency or comparable experience, managing or contributing to creative ideation and campaign/asset execution
• Understanding of both major and emerging social platforms
• Strong written/verbal communication
• Conceptual thinking, editorially minded
• Enthusiasm for digital communication with a consumer/people-first approach
• Design and presentation abilities (Keynote and Adobe Suite are your friend)
A passion for photography, videography, programming or other creative outlets a plus